- 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
- 3.0″ 920k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080/30p Video Recording
- 9-Point AF with Center Cross-Type Point
- ISO 100-6400, Up to 3 fps Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode
- Creative Filters and Creative Auto Modes
- EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
Canon Rebel T7 Overview
Compact and capable, the Canon EOS Rebel T7 is a sleek entry-level DSLR featuring versatile imaging capabilities and a helpful feature-set. Incorporating a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4+ image processor, the T7 produces high-resolution stills with notable clarity, reduced noise, and a flexible native sensitivity range from ISO 100-6400 for working in a variety of lighting conditions. The sensor and processor also afford shooting continuously at up to 3 fps for photographing moving subjects, as well as Full HD 1080/30p video recording. Benefitting shooting with the optical viewfinder, a 9-point AF system incorporates a single center cross-type AF point for increased accuracy and focusing speed, and a contrast-detection focusing system offers refined autofocus precision when recording video or photographing in live view. The rear 3.0″ 920k-dot LCD offers a bright, clear image for playback and review, and built-in Wi-Fi with NFC also offers the ability to wirelessly share imagery from your camera to a linked mobile device for instant online sharing.
24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
At the heart of the Rebel T7 is an apt 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4+ image processor, which combine to provide both speed throughout the camera system as well as notable image quality. Up to 3 fps shooting is possible to suit photographing moving subjects—for up to 150 consecutive JPEGs in a burst or up to 11 consecutive raw frames—and Full HD 1080p video at 30 fps can also be recorded. For working in a variety of lighting conditions, the sensitivity range of ISO 100-6400 can be further expanded to ISO 12800 to benefit photographing in low-light situations.
9-Point AF System
A 9-point phase-detection autofocus system incorporates a single cross-type point to lend a high degree of focusing accuracy in mixed and low-contrast lighting conditions. This focusing system also utilizes an AI Servo AF mechanism for faster tracking and more accurate results.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- A large 3.0″ 920k-dot LCD monitor serves as a bright means for live view shooting and image playback.
- An optical pentamirror viewfinder presents a bright, clear view of the scene when shooting stills and is ideal for quick-paced subject tracking and working in bright conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC permits pairing the DSLR with a smartphone or tablet for wirelessly sharing photos and movies for instant online posting.
- Wi-Fi connectivity also enables wireless remote control over the camera from linked mobile devices using the Camera Connect app.
- Compatible with the full lineup of Canon EF and EF-S-mount lenses.
EOS Webcam Utility
Extending the capabilities of the camera, Canon’s EOS Webcam Utility software lets you turn your camera into a versatile webcam by just connecting it to a computer via USB. Compatible with a variety of streaming apps, including ZOOM, YouTube Live, Microsoft Teams, and more, this software also maintains the ability to record internally while livestreaming.
EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
Included with the camera body is the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens, which provides a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range that covers wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives. One aspherical element is featured in the optical design, to control spherical aberrations and contribute to higher clarity, and an Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
Other Camera Features
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode intelligently selects the appropriate camera settings based on recognized scene types for accurate exposures.
- A Feature Guide helps to familiarize one with the various camera features and displays short descriptions of shooting modes, settings, and effects for easy operation.
- Basic+ and Creative Auto modes simplify the process of achieving certain creative looks.
- Creative Filters allow you to refine the look of imagery in-camera, and include Toy Camera, Fisheye, and Miniature Effect, among others.
- Auto White Balance features a ‘white priority’ setting to maintain accurate color rendering and adjust for warmer tones when photographing in tungsten-lit conditions.
- Picture Style: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and User Defined 1-3.
- Basic Zone exposure control settings: Scene Intelligent Auto, Flash Off, Creative Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-Up, Sports, Food, and Night Portrait.
Language support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Hungarian, Czech, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.